Dancing in the arms of God

Galatians 5 tells us that the flesh wars with the Spirit, but we who are in Christ, are called to be in step with the Spirit, and when we are, we reflect His character, and I think that is like dancing in the arms of God. Being in step requires letting God lead, being neither ahead, nor behind, but with, and trusting Him to orchestrate my life into a beautiful dance, with music and joy, even in the tough times.

Monday, February 20, 2006


Cold Kansas Morning

This morning as my daughter and I were out taking care of friend's horses while they are taking a holiday, I was wandering out in the fields to see where the horses were doing whatever it was they were doing. It was a beautiful February morning, cold, crisp and quiet. I heard the soft whistle of quail taking flight from some brush. I grabbed my camera from my pocket, but it was too late. I hid in some trees to see if any would come back, but got too cold. (I'm still getting over a cold and have some laryngitis, so that did not take long). When I started to move, I discovered I had been inches from a bunny.
He bolted in zigzags as if to laugh at me "Ha! You Ansel Adams wanna-be, photograph my dust!"
Oh well. The sky was beautiful, and some dried Kansas prarie flowers begged to be photographed before I had to go home to homework. I'm anxious for Spring Break; I'm taking my kids on a hike. (I'm looking at caves too! Yea! Fun!) Till then I'll enjoy a beautiful Kansas morning in February!
Shirley Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    perty pikchurs, shurl gurl....but why not one of the horses????!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home